The EWG-DSS is a Working Group on Decision Support Systems within EURO, the Association of the European Operational Research Societies.
The main purpose of the EWG-DSS is to establish a platform for encouraging state-of-the-art high quality research and collaboration work within the DSS community. Other aims of the EWG-DSS are to:
- Encourage the exchange of information among practitioners, end-users, and researchers in the area of Decision Systems.
- Enforce the networking among the DSS communities available and facilitate activities that are essential for the start-up of international cooperation research and projects.
- Facilitate professional academic and industrial opportunities for its members.
- Favour the development of innovative models, methods and tools in the field Decision Support and related areas.
- Actively promote the interest on Decision Systems in the scientific community by organizing dedicated workshops, seminars, mini-conferences and conference streams in major conferences, as well as editing special and contributed issues in relevant scientific journals.