We sincerely welcome Pavlos Delias as a new coordination board member of the EWG-DSS. Pavlos Delias has been actively involved in the EWG-DSS activities since 2013. We hope for a very fruitful and successful cooperation for the success of our Working Group!
Marta Dell’Ovo has been awarded the EURO Working Group on Decision Support Systems EWG-DSS 2017 Young Researcher of the Year award with the paper “Multicriteria decision making for healthcare facilities location with visualization based on FITradeoff method” presented during the EWG-DSS 2017 International Conference on Decision Support System Technology in Namur, Belgium, May 29 – 31, 2017. We sincerely congratulate Marta!
The official award ceremony will be held at the 4th International Conference on Decision Support System Technology – ICDSST 2018 & PROMETHEE DAYS 2018, 22 – 25 May 2018 – Hellenic Centre for Marine Research, Heraklion, Crete, Greece.
The EWG-DSS Newsletter Nr-15 is already available online in our blog.
As usual, the EWG-DSS Newsletter Nr.15 includes the summary of our group‘s activities in the period of 2016-2017, announcements from group members, publications reviews and upcoming events. Check it out!
Newsletter EWG-DSS Nr.15 – Year 2016/2017
Jason Papathanasiou; Fatima Dargam; Shaofeng Liu; Boris Delibasic; Isabelle Linden; Pascale Zaraté; Rita Ribeiro. Communications of the Association of European Operational Research Societies – EURO Working Group on Decision Support Systems, Nr.15 – Year 2016/2017, IRIT, Université Paul Sabatier Report (Rapport de recherché) IRIT/RR–2017—17—FR, IRIT, Oct. 2017.
View more documents from EWG-DSS
The 21st Conference of the International Federation of Operational Research Societies – IFORS 2017 – Main Theme: “OR/Analytics for a better world”. www.ifors2017.ca
EWG-DSS is organising and chairing five sessions at IFORS 2017 Conference to take place in Quebec during 17-21 July 2017 under the “Stream: Decision Support Systems”. Details of the sessions are as follows:
Session TA-16 Intelligent DSS
Chair: K. Nadia Papamichail Tuesday, 8:30-10:00, 308A
- A next-item recommendation approach based on Borda majority count, by Li-Ching Ma
- New evidential reasoning modelling approach for data driven system analysis and prediction, by Shuaiyu Yao, Jian-Bo Yang, Dong-Ling Xu, Paul Dark
- The impact of organizational factors on knowledge sharing performance, by Oluwafemi Oyemomi
- Factors affecting knowledge-based decision support systems in multinational corporations, by Mahmoud Abdelrahman, K. Nadia Papamichail
Session TB-16 DSS applications
Chair: Oluwafemi Oyemomi Tuesday, 10:30-12:00, 308A
- A preference modelling approach in tourism destination choice based on the FITradeoff method, by Rodrigo José Pires Ferreira, Alexandre Leoneti, Adiel Teixeira de Almeida
- Forecasting of bivalve landings with multiple regression and data mining: The case of the Portuguese artisanal dredge fleet, by Manuela Maria de Oliveira, Ana Camanho, John Walden, Vera Miguéis, Nuno Ferreira, Miguel B. Gaspar
- Assessing airline competition – A multi attribute decision making approach, by Aman Gupta
- A comparative study on breast cancer risk factors assessment, by Tuncay Gürbüz, Elif Do˘gu, Y. Esra Albayrak
Session TD-16 MCDM/ MCDA DSS
Chair: Caroline Mota and Adiel Teixeira de Almeida Tuesday, 15:00-16:30, 308A
- C1: Multi-criteria model to identify vulnerable areas: An application in a Brazilian context, by Debora Pereira, Caroline Mota, Martin Andresen
- Map-based multicriteria analysis to support stakeholder-oriented urban energy scenarios, by Sara Torabi Moghadam, Patrizia Lombardi, Jacopo Toniolo, Francesca Abastante, Isabella Lami
- Decision aid with partial information using FITradeoff for preference elicitation, by Adiel Teixeira de Almeida, Eduarda Frej, Rodrigo José Pires Ferreira
- Flexible and interactive DSS for ranking problematic, by Eduarda Frej, Adiel Teixeira de Almeida
Session TE-16 DSS technologies
Chair: Adiel Teixeira de Almeida and Caroline Mota Tuesday, 16:45-18:15, 308A
- Pricing real options premium based on conditional value at risk concept, by Kyongsun Kim, Chan S. Park
- Relative inner evaluation of an individual by interval group AHP, by Tomoe Entani
- Improving educational quality through QFD and AHP, by Tetsuro Morita, Yuki Muro, Aozora Kawana, Shin-ichiro Yokoyama, Tsutomu Mishina
- Sequential exploration with geological dependencies and uncertainty in oil prices, by Babak Jafarizadeh
Session WA-16 Decision theory
Chair: Shaofeng Liu Wednesday, 8:30-10:00, 308A
- Complexity, decision support and human behaviour, by Winnie Pelser
- R&D project selection using recent advances in multicriteria ordinal classification methods, by Edy López Cervantes, Eduardo René Fernández González
- Aggregating opinions on ordinal proximities among linguistic terms of qualitative scales, by José Luis García-Lapresta, Raquel Gonzalez del Pozo, David Perez-Roman
Thank you all for your contribution to the success of ICDSST 2017.
The pictures are now available on https://phototheque.unamur.be/evenements/ICDSST-2017
Dear EWG-DSS Members, Dear Colleagues,
The ICDSST 2017 in Namur, organized by Isabelle Linden was a great success!
We wish to take this opportunity to thank again Isabelle and all her Team from the University of Namur for the warm and very pleasant hosting of our ICDSST conference in their lovely city!
A few highlights from the conference in pictures for you below.
More photos about the conference shall be available in due course on the conference website: www.icdsst2017.wordpress.com.
We had the honor to have Jean-Pierre Brans, the “Papa” of the EWG-DSS, giving a keynot about Ethics and Decision Making. It was a great pleasure for all of us to have him there!
Above we see some shots of the Invited Speakers and Coordination Board Members’ talks. Check the link here for more detail about the programme.
Below we see some of the participants of the ICDSST 2017, during the walking tour around Namur.
The selected authors of short papers will soon be contacted by the EWG-DSS coordination, to be candidates for the Special Issues publications.
Check about the Special Issues on the publications page of the Conference Website: https://icdsst2017.wordpress.com/publications/