The EWG-DSS is proud to be represented in the event ICT Proposers’ Day 2017, organized by the European Commission in Budapest during the period of 9-10 November, 2017.
Our Co-Coordinator Fatima Dargam will present the competences available in the EWG-DSS, among its group members, for being applied in collaboration Research and Innovation Projects (see hand-out below).
Follow the link below to get to know more about the event:
EWG-DSS Profile Page at the ICT Proposers’ Day 2017:
EWG-DSS at ICT Proposers’ Day 2017
We sincerely welcome Pavlos Delias as a new coordination board member of the EWG-DSS. Pavlos Delias has been actively involved in the EWG-DSS activities since 2013. We hope for a very fruitful and successful cooperation for the success of our Working Group!
Marta Dell’Ovo has been awarded the EURO Working Group on Decision Support Systems EWG-DSS 2017 Young Researcher of the Year award with the paper “Multicriteria decision making for healthcare facilities location with visualization based on FITradeoff method” presented during the EWG-DSS 2017 International Conference on Decision Support System Technology in Namur, Belgium, May 29 – 31, 2017. We sincerely congratulate Marta!
The official award ceremony will be held at the 4th International Conference on Decision Support System Technology – ICDSST 2018 & PROMETHEE DAYS 2018, 22 – 25 May 2018 – Hellenic Centre for Marine Research, Heraklion, Crete, Greece.
The EWG-DSS Newsletter Nr-15 is already available online in our blog.
As usual, the EWG-DSS Newsletter Nr.15 includes the summary of our group‘s activities in the period of 2016-2017, announcements from group members, publications reviews and upcoming events. Check it out!
Newsletter EWG-DSS Nr.15 – Year 2016/2017
Jason Papathanasiou; Fatima Dargam; Shaofeng Liu; Boris Delibasic; Isabelle Linden; Pascale Zaraté; Rita Ribeiro. Communications of the Association of European Operational Research Societies – EURO Working Group on Decision Support Systems, Nr.15 – Year 2016/2017, IRIT, Université Paul Sabatier Report (Rapport de recherché) IRIT/RR–2017—17—FR, IRIT, Oct. 2017.
View more documents from EWG-DSS
The 21st Conference of the International Federation of Operational Research Societies – IFORS 2017 – Main Theme: “OR/Analytics for a better world”. www.ifors2017.ca
EWG-DSS is organising and chairing five sessions at IFORS 2017 Conference to take place in Quebec during 17-21 July 2017 under the “Stream: Decision Support Systems”. Details of the sessions are as follows:
Session TA-16 Intelligent DSS
Chair: K. Nadia Papamichail Tuesday, 8:30-10:00, 308A
- A next-item recommendation approach based on Borda majority count, by Li-Ching Ma
- New evidential reasoning modelling approach for data driven system analysis and prediction, by Shuaiyu Yao, Jian-Bo Yang, Dong-Ling Xu, Paul Dark
- The impact of organizational factors on knowledge sharing performance, by Oluwafemi Oyemomi
- Factors affecting knowledge-based decision support systems in multinational corporations, by Mahmoud Abdelrahman, K. Nadia Papamichail
Session TB-16 DSS applications
Chair: Oluwafemi Oyemomi Tuesday, 10:30-12:00, 308A
- A preference modelling approach in tourism destination choice based on the FITradeoff method, by Rodrigo José Pires Ferreira, Alexandre Leoneti, Adiel Teixeira de Almeida
- Forecasting of bivalve landings with multiple regression and data mining: The case of the Portuguese artisanal dredge fleet, by Manuela Maria de Oliveira, Ana Camanho, John Walden, Vera Miguéis, Nuno Ferreira, Miguel B. Gaspar
- Assessing airline competition – A multi attribute decision making approach, by Aman Gupta
- A comparative study on breast cancer risk factors assessment, by Tuncay Gürbüz, Elif Do˘gu, Y. Esra Albayrak
Session TD-16 MCDM/ MCDA DSS
Chair: Caroline Mota and Adiel Teixeira de Almeida Tuesday, 15:00-16:30, 308A
- C1: Multi-criteria model to identify vulnerable areas: An application in a Brazilian context, by Debora Pereira, Caroline Mota, Martin Andresen
- Map-based multicriteria analysis to support stakeholder-oriented urban energy scenarios, by Sara Torabi Moghadam, Patrizia Lombardi, Jacopo Toniolo, Francesca Abastante, Isabella Lami
- Decision aid with partial information using FITradeoff for preference elicitation, by Adiel Teixeira de Almeida, Eduarda Frej, Rodrigo José Pires Ferreira
- Flexible and interactive DSS for ranking problematic, by Eduarda Frej, Adiel Teixeira de Almeida
Session TE-16 DSS technologies
Chair: Adiel Teixeira de Almeida and Caroline Mota Tuesday, 16:45-18:15, 308A
- Pricing real options premium based on conditional value at risk concept, by Kyongsun Kim, Chan S. Park
- Relative inner evaluation of an individual by interval group AHP, by Tomoe Entani
- Improving educational quality through QFD and AHP, by Tetsuro Morita, Yuki Muro, Aozora Kawana, Shin-ichiro Yokoyama, Tsutomu Mishina
- Sequential exploration with geological dependencies and uncertainty in oil prices, by Babak Jafarizadeh
Session WA-16 Decision theory
Chair: Shaofeng Liu Wednesday, 8:30-10:00, 308A
- Complexity, decision support and human behaviour, by Winnie Pelser
- R&D project selection using recent advances in multicriteria ordinal classification methods, by Edy López Cervantes, Eduardo René Fernández González
- Aggregating opinions on ordinal proximities among linguistic terms of qualitative scales, by José Luis García-Lapresta, Raquel Gonzalez del Pozo, David Perez-Roman
Thank you all for your contribution to the success of ICDSST 2017.
The pictures are now available on https://phototheque.unamur.be/evenements/ICDSST-2017