According to the new EURO Branding initiative, new logos were created for all EURO Working Groups (https://www.euro-online.org/web/pages/198/branding-or-and-euro).
New EWG-DSS Logo:
New EURO logo:
Our mother Institution EURO (The Association of European Operational Research Societies) has a new Logo. Check its Homepage!
Soon all EURO Working Groups, including the EWG-DSS will also have a new standardized Logo.
Time to say good-bye to our old friend below…
The ICDSST 2016 conference this week in Plymouth was a very Pleasant and successful event organized by the EWG-DSS on the theme: “Decision Support Systems Addressing Sustainability & Societal Challenges”, and locally managed by our Co-coordinator Prof. Shaofeng Liu and her Team from the Plymouth Graduate School of Management & Plymouth Business School, Faculty of Business, University of Plymouth, UK.
Here are some highlights of the ICDSST-2016 in photos. More pictures can be found on the Conference Homepage: https://icdsst2016.wordpress.com/photos-from-the-conference/.
We are very thankful to all the local organization team efforts in making the ICDSST-2016 Conference in Plymouth such an enjoyable experience! THANK YOU ALL!
With Best Wishes,
The EWG-DSS Coordination Board
Dear EWG-DSS Members, Dear Colleagues,
We are happy to announce that the EWG-DSS Newsletter Nr. 14 of 2015/2016 is already out and online!
Newsletter EWG-DSS Nr.14 – Year 2015/2016
Jason Papathanasiou; Fatima Dargam; Boris Delibasic; Isabelle Linden; Shaofeng Liu; Rita Ribeiro; Pascale Zaraté. Communications of the Association of European Operational Research Societies – EURO Working Group on Decision Support Systems, Nr.14 – Year 2015/2016, IRIT, Université Paul Sabatier Report (Rapport de recherché) IRIT/RR–2016—08-FR, IRIT, May 2016.
View more documents from EWG-DSS
We take this opportunity to thank all the members of the coordination board who helped in the current edition, as well as all the members of the group who kindly sent their contributions to this issue.
We also thank Marko Bohanec for his outstanding interview!
The Newsletter is very interesting! We hope you all enjoy reading it!
The EWG-DSS Coordination Board
The ICDSST 2016 conference is still open for short paper and poster submissions. The final deadline for short paper submission is 15 March 2016 (no further extension) and the final deadline for poster submission is 25 March 2016. The theme of the conference is “Decision Support Systems Addressing Sustainability & Societal Challenges”. Short papers should have up to 6 pages. Templates for both short papers and posters are available on the conference website for downloading. All accepted submissions will have their abstracts published in the conference proceedings with ISBN number. There will be excellent opportunities for publication in associated journal Special Issues with IM&DS and IJDSST. For further details, please visit the conference website: https://icdsst2016.wordpress.com/call-for-papers/
- Special Issue in International Journal of Decision Support System Technology (IJDSST) (selected and extended papers). SI topic: Decision Support Systems for Sustainable Applications.
Jason Papathanasiou, Festus Oderanti and Uchitha Jayawickrama (Guest Editors).
- Special Issue in Industrial Management and Data Systems (2014 impact factor: 1.226). SI title “Sustainable knowledge-based decision support systems (KB-DSS) for business performance improvement in real industrial environment”
Shaofeng Liu, Boris Delibasic, Lynne Butel and Xue Han (Guest Editors).
- Springer book in the series of Lecture Notes in Business Information and Processing (LNBIP), “Decision Support Systems VI: Decision Support Systems addressing Societal Challenges” (accepted full papers).
Shaofeng Liu, Boris Delibasic and Festus Oderanti (Editors)
- Proceedings of ICDSST 2016 on “Decision Support Systems Addressing Societal Challenges” (containing abstracts of all accepted papers and posters, with ISBN number)
Shaofeng Liu, Boris Delibasic, Festus Oderanti and Isabelle Linden (Editors)
DSS Stream at EURO-2016 in Poznan!
The deadline for abstract submission for the EURO 2016 conference has been extended till March 15, 2016.
Stream: Decision Support Systems
The EURO 2016 is the 28th European Conference for Operational Research and Management Science (ORMS), organised by the European Association of Operational Research Societies in conjunction with the Polish OR Society. The EURO 2016 will take place at the Poznan University in Poznan, Poland from July 3rd to 6th, 2016. More details about the Conference and the venue can be found in the Conference Homepage: http://www.euro2016.poznan.pl/.
As the organizers of the Stream of Decision Support Systems, the EWG-DSS would like to invite you: researchers, practitioners, as well as students working in the areas of decision making, analysis and decision support to participate at this conference and to submit your work to this stream. The DSS Stream’s is composed of 6 sessions. These sessions define the main topics of interest in this stream. In order to submit your abstract to one of the DSS Sessions listed below, you need to login in the conference site, select “How to Attend” and “Abstract Submission” and then enter the session’s code (see below) to which you wish to place your submission. The DSS Stream Session codes are given below:
– Applications in Decision Making & Decision Analysis (Code: 8c05aaac)
– Business Intelligence and Knowledge-Based Decision Support (Code: 3f086a12)
– Knowledge Management & Decision Systems (Code: 35bcd350)
– DSS supported by Simulation and Optimization Approaches (Code: 45228092)
– Collaborative Decision Making (Social Networks & Web Resources) (Code: 9b7c49b8)
– Big Data Analytics & Decision Making (Code: 1a519b25)
Contributors are requested to submit their Abstracts (no more than 1500 characters) in English (without formulas or mathematical notations) up to March 15th, 2016. Notice that each attendee is only allowed to present one paper at the conference. Authors should keep us informed about their contributions to the DSS Stream, by sending us a copy of your submitted papers via e-mail (ewg-dss@ ), in order to ease the organisation of our sessions. Thanks! ♣ Post-publication: A selection of the work presented in the DSS Stream will be invited to submit full papers to the EWG-DSS organized Journal Special Issues of 2016/2017.
IMPORTANT DATES: EXTENDED DEADLINE for ABSTRACTS: March 15th, 2016
- Abstracts Submission Deadline extented to March 15th, 2016
- Regular Registration Period (Early Bird April 1st) November 2nd, 2015 – April 15th, 2016
- Conference dates July 3rd – 6th , 2016
We thank you in advance for your submissions to the DSS Stream! Yours Sincerely,
The DSS Stream Organizers – EWG-DSS Coordination Board Members:
- Fátima Dargam ILTC, SimTech Simulation Technology / Austria
- Boris Delibasic University of Belgrade, Serbia
- Isabelle Linden University of Namur, Belgium
- Shaofeng Liu University of Plymouth, UK
- Jason Papathanasiou University of Macedonia, Thessaloniki, Greece
- Rita Ribeiro (Board Chair) UNINOVA – CA3, Portugal
- Pascale Zaraté IRIT / Toulouse University , France
28th European Conference on Operational Research (EURO XXVIII), Poznan University of Technology, Poznan, Poland, July 3-6, 2016
The deadline for abstract submission for the EURO 2016 conference has been extended till March 15, 2016. Read the rest of this entry »